Fairfield Methodist Church (Former Jing Hwa Cinema 旧金华戏院)
1 Tanjong Pagar Road, Singapore 088437
Chinatown MRT Station
Together with the Majestic and the Oriental, Jing Hwa Cinema, built in 1958, was one of Chinatown’s three famous cinemas. It was designed by local architect Wong Foo Nam in the Modern style and was the first to have a basement carpark and extensive floor-to-ceiling windows. It is remembered fondly by many as the venue of romantic first dates and holiday treats.