Chin Kang Huay Kuan 晋江会馆
29 Bukit Pasoh Road, Singapore 089843
Outram MRT Station
The association was established in 1918 by immigrants from Jinjiang County in southern Fujian, China. The current building contrasts with its ornately decorated neighbours. The use of straight lines, concrete ledges and mild steel framed windows is typical of the Modern style that was popular from the 1950s to the early 1970s. During World War II, the building was used by the Overseas Chinese General Mobilisation Council which helped the British in supplying labourers and volunteers for the defence of Singapore.