The Chinese Specialty Store
70 Eu Tong Sen Street Singapore 059805
Yue Hwa Chinese Products - The Chinese Specialty Store
Yue Hwa Building is a historic building located at the junction of Eu Tong Sen Street and Upper Cross Street in Chinatown, Singapore, next to Chinatown MRT station. Built by Swan and Maclaren in 1927, it was then the tallest building in Chinatown and was known as Nam Tin Building, owned by Lum Chang Holdings. The building housed the six-storey Great Southern Hotel (the first Chinese hotel with a lift), along with a few shops and cabarets that were popular among Chinese travellers. In 1993, Lum Chang Holdings sold the building to Hong Kong businessman Yu Kwok Chun, who converted it to the first Yue Hwa Chinese Products department store in Singapore in 1994.
Yue Hwa Chinese Products specializes in authentic Chinese goods. The product selection spans from fashion and accessories to traditional Chinese medicine, to house and personal care products. They also stock a large variety of food items and delicacies. The brand runs four popular stores in Singapore, including a large flagship store in the heart of Singapore’s Chinatown.